Implement rolling forecasts to anticipate changes and better inform strategic direction
Ascention helps its clients implement rolling forecasts to help anticipate changes and better inform strategic direction.
A rolling forecast is a process in which key business drivers are forecast on a continual basis. Its objective is to foresee the risks and opportunities presented by a dynamic business environment, revisit strategy in the light of new business scenarios and align resources/activities for competitive advantage at periodic frequencies. Rolling forecasts are not simply periodic updates against the annual budget and are not associated with a specific financial year.
- Move toward driver-based forecasting
- Link forecast to strategic and operation decisions
- Ensure direct ownership and involvement of budget owners in forecasting
- Deploy appropriate tools and technologies
- Design appropriate change management policy
- Monitor and revisit